Preferred Provider Organization plans (or PPO for short) save you money when you use health care providers within a selected network. With Anthem Blue Cross, your PPO benefits include:
- 64% average in-network hospital discount
- 51% average in-network provider discount
- More than 52,000 local doctors and specialists
- More than 90% of California hospitals, including 330 acute care hospitals
- More than 90% of hospitals and more than 80% of physicians across the country through the BlueCard program
Blue Shield of California has 53,678 participating physicians and 363 contracting hospitals in California.
By putting together this network of healthcare professionals, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield of California are able to ensure the quality of health care services their members receive. They are also able to negotiate the price of those services and ensure that price is honored for their members.
Some of the features of the Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield of California PPO plans include:
- $10 or $15 copay on prescription drugs
- Maternity coverage
- Flexible deductible options
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- 100% coverage before the deductible for preventative services for children & adults
- Coverage for physical therapy acupuncture
- Peace of mind to know that you have a true limit on your exposure for medical bills.